Provencal Lemon Chicken with Olives and GarlicFrom lpg 7 years ago
- 1/4 # large green olives shopping list
- 1/4 kalamata olives shopping list
- 3.5# chicken, cut into pieces, breasts cut in half shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper shopping list
- 2 t herbes de provence shopping list
- 4 T olive oil shopping list
- 2 large heads garlic, separated into cloves and peeled shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 T sherry vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 C dry white wine shopping list
- 2 C chicken broth shopping list
- 1 T lemon juice shopping list
- 1 t grated lemon rind (yellow part only) shopping list
- 1/4 C parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Blanch olives in boiling water for 1 minute to remove excess salt.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and 1t Herbes de Provence.
- Heat 2 T oil in large saucepan/dutch oven to medium high and brown chicken in batches, remove to a platter.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil.
- Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add tomatoes and remaining Herbes de Provence.
- Increase heat and cook until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar and wine, then boil until reduced by 1/3, about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add broth.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken, add olives and lemon juice and simmer partially covered 15 minutes.
- Adjust for seasoning.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the gremolata by combining the parsley and lemon rind.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and sprinkle with the gremolata.
The Cooklpg Fairmount, GA
The Rating4 people
Gremolata is my friend. Can't wait to make this dish. Thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Yummy! I have got to try this.dariana in loved it
This dish looks like it was written just for me. I can't wait to try this one! Thanks for sharing.hottamale in Canton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!