Provencal Lemon Chicken with Olives and GarlicFrom lpg 7 years ago
- 1/4 # large green olives shopping list
- 1/4 kalamata olives shopping list
- 3.5# chicken, cut into pieces, breasts cut in half shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper shopping list
- 2 t herbes de provence shopping list
- 4 T olive oil shopping list
- 2 large heads garlic, separated into cloves and peeled shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 T sherry vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 C dry white wine shopping list
- 2 C chicken broth shopping list
- 1 T lemon juice shopping list
- 1 t grated lemon rind (yellow part only) shopping list
- 1/4 C parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Blanch olives in boiling water for 1 minute to remove excess salt.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and 1t Herbes de Provence.
- Heat 2 T oil in large saucepan/dutch oven to medium high and brown chicken in batches, remove to a platter.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil.
- Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add tomatoes and remaining Herbes de Provence.
- Increase heat and cook until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar and wine, then boil until reduced by 1/3, about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add broth.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken, add olives and lemon juice and simmer partially covered 15 minutes.
- Adjust for seasoning.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the gremolata by combining the parsley and lemon rind.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and sprinkle with the gremolata.
The Cooklpg Fairmount, GA
The Rating4 people
This dish looks like it was written just for me. I can't wait to try this one! Thanks for sharing.hottamale in Canton loved it
Yummy! I have got to try this.dariana in loved it
Gremolata is my friend. Can't wait to make this dish. Thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!