Eggplant Parmesan SandwichFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- Grilled eggplant Parmesan Sandwich shopping list
- Not breaded, not heavily sauced and definitely not deep-fried. shopping list
- 1 large globe eggplant, cut into eight 1/2"-thick slices shopping list
- 8 1/2"-thick tomato slices shopping list
- 4 crusty Italian type rolls, split in half shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh basil shopping list
- garlic-infused olive oil or plain (your choice) shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat grill to medium.
- Brush both sides of eggplant and tomato with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant on both sides until soft and marked with grill lines, about seven minutes.
- Add cheese to the top of the eggplant slices, then add the tomatoes to the grill (they shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes each side, max).
- Add the buns to the grill and grill lightly.
- Build it this way: bun, 2 slices eggplant, basil leaves to cover, 2 slices of tomato and the other bun.