Sweet Potato CasseroleFrom joyinabasket 6 years ago
- 4 1/2 Cups cooked, mashed sweet potatos shopping list
- 1/2 Cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/3 Cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 Cup White sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract(Real stuff, no imitation) shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 Cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 Cup Cold butter shopping list
- 1 Cup Chopped pecans (walnuts or almonds will do, as well) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish/pan.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes, melted butter, milk, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well and spread in baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in cold butter until mix is crumbly.
- Stir in pecans or nut of choice.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over the top of sweet potatoes, covering evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Wait 10 minutes, spoon and serve!