Thyme and Chicken FricasseeFrom wynnebaer 7 years ago
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tbls. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed shopping list
- 1 can(12 0z.) evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 tbls. flour shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken and pat dry
- In a bowl, mix next 5 ingredients.
- Put milk in another bowl.
- Dip chicken in milk and then flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides. (about 2 minutes each side) and remove to a plate.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until tender.
- Stir broth, bay leaves, and celery seed into skillet.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Return chicken and any juices to skillet, bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer, covered until chicken is done. ( about 10 minutes)
- Remove chicken to a plate and discard bay leaves.
- Mix together the evaporated milk and 2 tbls. flour.
- Stir into mixture in skillet.
- Stir over moderate heat for a minute or 2.
- Add chicken and serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating2 people
I like the ingredients ans shall try it soon.ivy in Whereabouts loved it
Hi, just wanted to let you know that I cooked your thyme and chicken fricassee today and it was fantastic. All my family loved it. I didn't exactly stick to the procedure but I did put all the ingredients and I served it with a rice pilaf. However, ...moreivy in Whereabouts loved it
Like a smothered southern chicken, yum....gotta love the thyme. It is just made for chicken. Great post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!