Peach Noodle KugelFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1 1lb. bag broad egg noodles shopping list
- 1/2 lb. butter, do not substitute shopping list
- 4 eggs ( beaten lightly ) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 pint sour cream shopping list
- 1 pint small curd cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp. butter nut flavouring shopping list
- 1 large can 28 oz. FREESTONE peaches, cut into pieces (save juice) shopping list
- Note: you can also use 1 can (8 oz ) crushed pineapple in its own juice shopping list
- apricot preserves shopping list
- Note: A friend of mine likes to add 1 cup of whiskey to this recipe. It's good with or without. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles as directed on package (al-dente).
- Drain, add butter, then add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a deep glass baking dish (13 x 9 inch).
- Put some apricot preserves in a small bowl, thin down a little with the extra peach juice, drop by spoonfuls over the top, spread a little with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.
- Can be eaten warm, cold as a side dish, even a dessert, also freezes great.