chicken empanadaFrom andah 9 years ago
- 3 cloves garlic,crushed shopping list
- 1 pc medium onion,chopped shopping list
- 1/4 kg chicken breast,deboned and diced shopping list
- 1 pc large potato,cut into small cubes shopping list
- 2 tbsp raisins diced shopping list
- 1 pc medium red bell pepper,diced shopping list
- 1 pouched (115 g) DEL MONTE Classic Italian Style pizza sauce shopping list
- CRUST shopping list
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 tsp calamansi juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine,softened shopping list
- 1 pc egg,separated shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- CRUST: Combine milk 1tsp iodzed fine salt and calamansi juice. Let stand for 5 minutes or until milk curdled. Cream margarine and egg yolk until light and fluffy (5 min.). Add milk mixture gradually while beating continously until well-blended. Add 2 cups flour and mix well until mixture holds together . Shape into a ball. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Knead: dough for 10 minutes using remaining flour. Cut into 24 pieces. Flatten each into round pieces 3" in diameter. Put 2 tsp of filling. Fold and seal edges. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- FILLING:SAUT'E garlic,onion and chicken. Add potatoes, 1/2 tsp iodized fine salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes or until dry. Add raisins,bell pepper and DEL MONTE Pizza Sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.
The Cookandah Binan, PH
- Not added to any groups yet!