Butter Cookies with a Hint of LimeFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. finely grated lime peel shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice, strained to remove pulp and seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- Note: You can use any citrus fruit you want in this recipe ie. oranges, grapefruits or lemons. shopping list
- For topping: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter on medium-high for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar, lime zest, lime juice, vanilla and half the flour, beating until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in remaining flour.
- Roll into one-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately and cool on wire racks.
- For topping, stir together lime juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- When cookies are cool, brush mixture on tops of cookies.
- Let set for 10 minutes, then sift powdered sugar over tops.
- Makes 3 dozen.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
Easy great recipe.Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Wonderful cookies, these are awesome. You had me with the citrus flavor. Yummy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Sounds like the Key Lime Coolers one of the cookie company here makes, great post, bookmarking this one to try real soon. Thanks for the post.henrie in Savannah loved it