Mollejas AsadaFrom sean_mcgee 8 years ago
- 2 lbs of Mollejas (Sweetbreads) (explanation of Mollejas is below) shopping list
- juice of 3 limes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Anatto seed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the Mollejas in water for 10 minutes and then perform a quick blanch on them.
- Mollejas are commonly called Sweetbreads. It is a gland from the cow. Don't let that turn you off, they are DELICIOUS.
- Get out your Molcajete (mortar & pestle) or a food processor and combine the rest of the ingredients to form a paste.
- Congratulations, you just made an "achiote paste" or as the Mexicans call it "recado rojo".
- When the Mollejas are finished blanching, drain, and dry them off with a paper towel.
- Rub the Mollejas with the Achiote Paste and allow to sit for 10 minutes (while you fire up your charcoal grill.)
- When your Charcoal grill is hot and ready, place the Mollejas on the grill and grill for 10-15 minutes on each side until crispy, but not burnt.
- Once Mollejas are done, slice into strips and serve with flour or corn tortillas.
The Cooksean_mcgee San Antonio, TX
The Rating2 people
Just follow the recipe to the 't' and you will love it. What's not to like? Awesome, thanks!txed in loved it
These are great.. wonderful recipe. Sorry I missed it when you posted. I love to make these when we have relatives from up north visit.. then tell them what it is... LOL I remember my first trip to HEB after moving here.. and thinking.. OMG.. they...morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!