Tripas Al DiscoFrom sean_mcgee 7 years ago
How to make it
- This preparation needs to be done outside as the boiling process doesn't smell good at all. You don't want that smell in your house. Or, you could just open a window and turn on the overhead vent of your stove.
- Boil the Tripas by themselves in some salted water for 15 minutes.
- While the Tripas are boiling, chop the cilantro and onion and set aside.
- After boiling the Tripas for 15 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Heat up your grill and in a Disco add about 1/4 cup of Canola Oil. (A Disco is sort of a Mexican Wok...you can use a regular Wok also.)
- Place the drained Tripas with the Chile flakes, salt and pepper and stir-fry until crispy.
- Chop the Tripas up into bite-size peices and serve with Corn Tortillas with a topping of Chopped Cilantro, Diced onion, and a squeeze of Fresh Lime Juice.
The Cooksean_mcgee San Antonio, TX
The Rating2 people
How I love tripas. There is a little taco stand down the road and one of the cooks got me to try tripas years ago and I have been hooked since. Today will be my first try at cooking it. Thanks for the recipe.
Mborius in Klamath Falls loved it
Tripe is a dish Italians eat qute a bit especially in the poorer regions, I make it with a light marinara sauce (just boil the trippa) and a lot of garlic and fresh warm crusty bread. I agree with the preparation...either outside or at someone's hous...moremystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!