korean kimchiFrom nakedchef 8 years ago
- 5 heads of Chinese cabbage shopping list
- 2 white radishes shopping list
- 2 green onions shopping list
- 2 cups of hot red pepper powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of sugar shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 root of fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 cup of tiny salted shrimp shopping list
- Fresh oysters optional shopping list
How to make it
- Carefully cut cabbage in half lengthwise. If the cabbage is unusually large, cut in half again, making 4 lengthwise quarters.
- sprinkling liberally with coarse salt and letting it sit for four hours, or by soaking over night, then turn occasionally
- Julienne the radishes Finely -chop the green onions and mince or crush the garlic and ginger.
- Mix the salted shrimp juice into the red pepper powder. (To take out some of the kimchi fire, reduce the amount of red pepper powder.) Add radish strips and knead well with hands. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly -- use your hands because the next step is done by hand anyway.
- Rinse the cabbage thoroughly in clean water and drain well. Pack the seasoned mixture between each leaf of the wilted cabbage.
- Fold over stuffed cabbage sections to hold in the seasonings, and fasten loosely by wrapping the outer leaf around the section. Pack the bundles in a crock or kimchi jar. Keep at room temperature a day or two, then refrigerate. Cut to bite size before serving