Silky Chocolate Truffle CakeFrom iffyo 6 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- · 3 ounces toasted and coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- · 4 ounces toasted and coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- · ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- · 1 pinch cinnamon shopping list
- · 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- Mousse cake shopping list
- · 20 ounces bittersweet chocolate cut into small pieces shopping list
- · ¾ cup soft butter (6 ounces or 1 ½ sticks) shopping list
- · ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- · 6 large eggs shopping list
- · ¼ cup heavy cream shopping list
- · ½ teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In small stainless steel bowl, combine walnuts, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture into bottom of springform pan. Chill crust for ½ hour, until firm.
- Mousse Cake:
- Melt chocolate in double boiler. While chocolate is melting, combine butter and sugar in mixer bowl. On medium speed, cream mixture until light and fluffy. Add eggs, two at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl. Increase speed to medium high and whip for two minutes until egg mixture increases slightly in volume. When chocolate is melted, beat with hand whisk until is has cooled. It should be warm, not hot. Whisk the chocolate into egg mixture on medium low speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and continue to mix until chocolate is fully incorporated. Stir in cream and vanilla. Spread this mousse filling evenly on pecan crust. Chill until firm, 6 hours to overnight.
- To Serve
- Unmold the cake by running a hot, dry knife around the inside edge of the pan and then releasing the latch of springform. Slice cake with hot, dry knife into 12 -15 servings. Clean blade of knife under very hot water, dry blade and immediately cut cake. Repeat for each slice. Top servings with dollop of whipped cream, or spread whipped cream over the entire cake before cutting.
The Cookiffyo IN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!