Butter Mini TartsFrom inmaculada 7 years ago
- 1 recipe for double shortcrust or pate brisee, chilled (enough for a double crust pie) shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar (I will use 3/4 cup next time, 1 cup is too sweet for me) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup cranberries, raisins or nuts of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out chilled pate brisee base on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/8-inch thick. Use a 3.5- or 4-inch round cookie cutter (a fluted cookie cutter will give you a nice edge, if you have it) to cut out 24 rounds from the dough. Place each round into a muffin cup on a standard muffin tin and press down lightly to make sure the crust goes into the corners.
- In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter. When light and fluffy, beat in eggs, vinegar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Divide raisins into tart shells and top each with a generous spoonful of filling to cover the raisins and reach the top of the crust.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (mine were ready in 20), or until filling is golden and the edges of the crust are lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold (if you have completely cooled them before storing in the fridge).
- I finished my tartlets with a small dollop of unsweetened heavy cream on top of each. Nice contrast with the sweetness of the filling.
- Makes 2 dozen.