Pork And Green Chili BurritosFrom tsehnert 9 years ago
- 1 6-8 lb pork butt or shoulder roast shopping list
- 1 can green chilies shopping list
- 1 or 2 jalapenos, diced and seeded (the seeds make it very hot) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 large or 4 small cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1- 11/2 quarts chicken broth, depending on roast size shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup arrowroot or cornstarch for thickening sauce shopping list
- flour tortillas shopping list
- Grated cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream or ranch dressing. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Place into a dutch oven pan or other large type roasting pan. Brown over med-high heat. Add onions to pan and let brown a little. Add garlic cook 1 minute. Stir. Turn down heat to medium. Add green chilies, jalapenos, garlic, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Put on oven and bake for 2 1/2- 3 hours. Take the pork out of the pan, let cool somewhat until you can handle the meat. Keep sauce on medium heat on stove. Season with salt to taste. When slighly boiling add cornstarch to thicken sauce. It should have the consistency of gravy.Turn heat to low. Shred amount of pork needed to fill the tortillas (I use a large fork and my fingers). Put meat and some cheese on tortillas roll up. Pour some ( I use alot) Green Chile Sauce over the tortillas once plated. Top with more cheese. Heat each plate in microwave for 15 seconds. Top with salsa, and sour cream or ranch.
- Note: Only shred the amount of meat you need. Chill the rest, the next day, slice thin and shred with fingers. Its much, much easier to do when it's cold. For an eye pleasing plate, put sour cream into squeeze bottle and go back and forth over enchiladas diagionally.