Swedish Christmas Brown BeansFrom mrspotatohead 9 years ago
- 2 cups dried Swedish brown beans shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup molasses shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- ½ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 small cinnamon stick, shopping list
How to make it
- Pick over and rinse the beans.
- Add the water and soak the beans overnight.
- The next day, bring the beans and water to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add salt, vinegar, molasses, brown sugar, butter, nutmeg and cinnamon stick.
- Stir to combine.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until the beans are tender.
- The liquid should be saucy. - if too runny, turn up the heat for 10 minutes or so until desired consistency is reached..
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!