Salmon sour and sweetFrom nanvan 7 years ago
- Main dish: shopping list
- 1 lb. of Filet of salmon (no bones if you can, it's just easier!) shopping list
- 1 cup of apple Vinegar OR juice OR cider shopping list
- 1 pear OR apple shopping list
- 2 lemons OR lime shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- Sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds (black if you can find them) shopping list
- (I say OR a lot above because that is the cool thing about this easy recipe. You can use what you have in your house without having to get specific items.) Cool! shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean the salmon by rinsing and checking for bones.
- Place the salmon into an oven safe, glass or ceramic bowl, skin side down.
- Squeeze 1 1/2 lemon onto the salmon and put the 3 tablespoons of butter randomly on and around the piece of fish. Sprinkle evenly w/ the seasome seeds.
- Put into the preheated oven for 30 minutes or, until the center looks pink and fluffy.
- (You can check if it's ready by putting the fork in the middle and lifting up. It should look more pink and flake a little bit.)
- While the fish is cooking -> In a seperate pan mix the 1 cup of Apple Vinegar, Cider, or Juice and, the cubed pear or apple (with the skin still on) and put over low heat. Stiring occassionally. The mixture should stay on the heat the entire time the fish cooks.
- Place the fish onto a plate once cooked and slice up the remaining 1/2 lemon into thin wheels. Spread the lemon wheels on and around the salmon then, pour the pear or apple mixture over the top. (Which ever one you used.) The flavors of the sour lemon and, the sweet pear/apple mixture really compliment the dish wonderfully.
- I served ours with some fresh peas and long grain rice. It was really tasty, I hope you like it!
The Cooknanvan Boston, MA
The Rating2 people
Mmmm 5 forks amazing man I love trying new things. See I'm german and was raised on nothing but german dishes they are good but I love this recipe and others I got on the web site thanks alot.lovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it