Indiana Farm SausageFrom nlo209 6 years ago
- 2 pounds lean ground pork shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions shopping list
- 1 tbsp. crumbled dried sage shopping list
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp crumbled dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. crumbled dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground marjoram shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried sweet pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 to 1 tsp. cayenne powder ( to your taste) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. finely ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep bowl, combine the pork, onions, sage, parsley, thyme, basil, marjoram, chili powder, pepper flakes , cayenne, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Knead vigorously with both hands, then beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture into halves and, on wax paper , shape and roll each half into a cylinder about 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap the sausages in fresh wax paper ( or parchment) and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm to the touch.
- Just before cooking, slice the sausages into rounds about 1/2 inch thick
- Melt the butter with the oil over moderate heat and fry the sausage rounds for about 3 or 4 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.