Scallops With Soba Noodles And Dashi BrothFrom ponikuta 8 years ago
- 200g soba noodles shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mirin shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp dashi granules shopping list
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal shopping list
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger shopping list
- 18 medium-large scallops (without roe) shopping list
- 5 fresh black fungus chopped (soaked in hot water for 20 mins) shopping list
- 1 sheet nori, shredded, to garnish shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the soba noodles according to the packaging. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Boil eggs for roughly 5 mins.
- Place the mirin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, dashi granules and 3 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spring onion and ginger and keep at a gentle simmer until needed.
- Heat a grill or hotplate until very hot and sear the scallops on both sides, for 1 minute.
- Divide the noodles, black fungus, eggs among serving bowls.
- Pour broth into each bowl and top with scallops.
- Garnish with the nori and indulge !!