White Bean and Chicken SaladFrom frankieanne 9 years ago
- SALAD: shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped skinned, boneless, cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 cup chopped tomato (I seeded mine) shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh basil shopping list
- 2 (16 oz) cans cannellini beans or other white bean, drained and rinsed shopping list
- DRESSING: shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare salad:
- Place first five ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently to combine.
- To prepare dressing:
- Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, tossing gently to combine.
- (I chilled this before I served this, but I suppose you could serve it right away.)
- TIP: One whole cooked chicken will yield approx. 2 cups of meat. You can either buy a chicken precooked or (what I do is) put a whole chicken in the crockpot the day before. Set it on top of a meat rack or balls of aluminum foil. Cook on High 4 to 6 hours or on Low 8 to 10 hours. The skin doesn't look great, but you don't need the skin!
The Cookfrankieanne Somewhere, Else
- Not added to any groups yet!