Potato Cheese SoupFrom teacherjean 8 years ago
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 lb), peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 C water shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 3C milk shopping list
- 3 Tbl butter melted shopping list
- 2 Tbl all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbl minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/8 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, bring potatoes, onions, water and salt to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Do not drain; mash slightly.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley and pepper
- Stir this into the potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until almost melted
People Who Like This Dish 29
- augiedog Nowhere, Us
- EpicuriouslySheryl St. Charles, Missouri
- henrynanita Nowhere, Us
- blackpondoutfitters Alto Pass, IL
- mccallnewland Salt Lake City, UT
- dartim Stoney Creek, CA
- khippie777 Broken Arrow, OK
- kylee2585 White Cloud, MI
- atwhitt905 Brazil, IN
- dawnmist Highland, IN
- Plus 19 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookteacherjean North Canton, VU
The Rating4 people
Yum... I had actually never made soup before, and this was so easy and DELICIOUS! Thank you so much!mccallnewland in Salt Lake City loved it
Sounds wonderful!shandalulu in West Valley City loved it
made this tonight - used wild green onion instead of "regular" (used the greens instead of parsley) and added some left over ham -worked great and was delicious! thanksblackpondoutfitters in Alto Pass loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!