Potato Cheese SoupFrom teacherjean 8 years ago
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 lb), peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 C water shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 3C milk shopping list
- 3 Tbl butter melted shopping list
- 2 Tbl all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbl minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/8 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, bring potatoes, onions, water and salt to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Do not drain; mash slightly.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley and pepper
- Stir this into the potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until almost melted
People Who Like This Dish 29
- augiedog Nowhere, Us
- EpicuriouslySheryl St. Charles, Missouri
- henrynanita Nowhere, Us
- blackpondoutfitters Alto Pass, IL
- mccallnewland Salt Lake City, UT
- dartim Stoney Creek, CA
- khippie777 Broken Arrow, OK
- kylee2585 White Cloud, MI
- atwhitt905 Brazil, IN
- dawnmist Highland, IN
- Plus 19 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookteacherjean North Canton, VU
The Rating4 people
made this tonight - used wild green onion instead of "regular" (used the greens instead of parsley) and added some left over ham -worked great and was delicious! thanksblackpondoutfitters in Alto Pass loved it
Sounds wonderful!shandalulu in West Valley City loved it
Yum... I had actually never made soup before, and this was so easy and DELICIOUS! Thank you so much!mccallnewland in Salt Lake City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!