Creme BruleeFrom unswissmiss 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bring cream to simmer over low-medium heat.
- While cream is warming up, beat egg yolks with 1/3 cup sugar to blend. Set over a pan of simmering water (don't allow bottom of bowl to touch the water). Whisk until eggs are hot to touch, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk cream and vanilla into egg yolks.
- Pour mixture into 4 1/2 cup ramekins or custard cups.
- Set the cups in a deep pan and pour in enough water to come halfway up the sides.
- Bake the custards in the water bath until almost set in the center, 30-40 minutes.
- Chill the custards until cool, several hours or preferably overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the tops with remaining sugar and run under the broiler until the sugar carmelizes, approximatels 2-3 minutes. Allow sugar to cool a few minutes and serve.