Hot Water Corn BreadFrom singasongof6pans 9 years ago
How to make it
- Put the corn meal, salt, and sugar in a bowl that can handle boiling water.
- Pour the boiling water in slowly, stirring all the while until it makes a thick paste.
- Use your hands (yes, it's hot but you get used to it) and form the paste into palm sized patties, slipping them carefully into hot oil (we use canola or EVOO).
- Fry to golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
The Cooksingasongof6pans Longview, TX
The Rating2 people
Thank you for posting this recipe. I ran out of eggs and desperately needed a cornmeal type crunchy recipe. This will be perfect for our smoked chops and beans soup!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it