Squaw BreadFrom lenora 8 years ago
- 5 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3 cups rye flour shopping list
- 2 pkg. yeast shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 3 cups hot water shopping list
- 1 heaping cup of raisins shopping list
- 3/4 cup of oil shopping list
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 tbsp. salt shopping list
- white flour shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix wheat and rye flours with yeast.
- In a blender, blend raisins and water until raisins are ground well. Add buttermilk.
- Pour mixture into dry mix (the flours); blend well.
- Add oil, molasses, and salt.
- Gradually add enough white flour until dough leaves sides of bowl. Kneading in enough flour until smooth and not sticky.
- Shape immediately into oblong loaves and put on greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Brush with egg and make crossed slash marks across the tops.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
The Cooklenora Oak Park, MI
The Rating3 people
This looks like a wonderful bread. Breadmaking is one of my favorite things to do Thanks for sharing. You have my five. Have a good evening... Cheryl. Its my pleasure to have you as a friend.cherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
great recipe I also love the molasses in it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!