Easy Cheese PancakesFrom singasongof6pans 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl toss together the flour, salt, and cheese with a fork or your hands.
- Stir in the mustard, eggs and yogurt or buttermilk.
- Mix well with a fork or wire whisk.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of fat in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Drop the pancake batter by large spoons into the hot fat.
- Fry until the underside is lightly browned then turn and brown the other side.
- Denise's Note - I don't follow the original recipe exactly. Rather, I usually omit the mustard and add garlic powder and a dash of crushed red pepper and whatever other spices I want right then. I also use EVOO to fry. These aren't just for breakfast! They make a filling and hearty side dish, too. I like them with smoked turkey sausage and green beans.
The Cooksingasongof6pans Longview, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!