Wasabi and Black Cherry Roast PorkFrom meek 7 years ago
How to make it
- Drain the jar of cherries, keeping the juice (about 2 cups are needed) in a small sauce pan. To the juice add a small squeeze of wasabi (pea sized), cinnamon stick and a few cloves, simmer gently until the flavours fuse and the juice begins to get syrupy.
- Unroll the roast pork. Finely dice 1 full stick of celery (leaves and all), 1 handful of pistachios, 1 handful of the cherries and the water chestnuts. Mix together fill the roast with the mix, re roll, and re tie with string.
- Place the roast in a baking dish, pour the cherry juice over the roast, and cover with Al foil. Leave marinating for as long as you can over night is best.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees. Still with the al foil place in oven for 1/2 hour.
- Remove foil and continue cooking basting every half hour or so. Around 1 hour for ever 1KG of pork.
- When cooked Slice and serve. For gravy deglaze the roasting tray with a cup of hot water and stick of butter, add left over cherries if you wish. Stir until thick and shiny.
- Best seved with a cleash fresh simple salad.
The Cookmeek Melbourne, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!