Texas Caviar from the Cowgirl Hall of Fame RestaurantFrom s_kat 8 years ago
- 3 (16-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed of all juice shopping list
- 1 jar chopped pimiento, juice included shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, green part only shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Tabasco or other hot sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped shopping list
- 3 fresh jalapeno chilies, chopped shopping list
- 1 large firm ripe tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup oil-and-vinegar vinaigrette shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or minced shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients very well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight, in a covered container. Remember - the longer it sits, the better it gets!
- Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer, or by itself as a lively side dish.
- NOTE: In colder months, canned diced tomatoes may be substituted for fresh.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooks_kat Newport News, VA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!