Homemade Chicken NuggetsFrom tuilelaith 9 years ago
- chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch chunks shopping list
- 1 teaspoons onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- other seasoning to taste, such as pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken broth, milk, or water if needs be shopping list
- Deep fryer or oil in a deep pan to fry in shopping list
How to make it
- Frist you must prepare your fry area.
- Place papertowels or other absorbent materials in the drain zone. I use carboard and old newspapers.
- Heat the oil to your preferred frying temp.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add liquid to make a medium thin paste. I need to make 3 to 4 batchs of this paste as I cook, I think its better if you do not make it all up ahead of time due to thickening as it sets, but truely that is up to you.
- Take a few chicken chunks and add them to the paste.
- Take them out one at a time and drop them into the hot oil.
- Turn them at least once.
- They will float when done.
- Take them out and place in the drain area.
- Do this with all of the chicken.
- When you have finished the frist round, you get to start over.
- Redip the fried pieces into the paste and fry again.
- When they are golden brown remove to the drain area and allow to cool.
- Serve with dipping sauce of preferance. We like rach.
- You may need to make two drain areas for this one, I do.