Yeast RollsFrom reginnia0221 8 years ago
- 1 cup shortening ( I use 1/2 cup shortening and 1/2 cup butter) shopping list
- ***IF you plan to refrigerate these, they are softer with all shortening*** shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 well beaten eggs shopping list
- 1 cup warm water (to let the yeast set in) shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 pkg. dry yeast shopping list
- 6 cups sifted flour (I like to use bread flour...just a preference) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl place shortening and/or butter, sugar and salt.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over the mixture and blend.
- Let set for a few min. (You still want the mixture to be a little warm)
- Place the pkgs of yeast into the warm water and set aside.
- Add eggs and blend.
- Add yeast mixture to the bowl and blend.
- Add flour a cup at a time and mix well.
- ***At this point you can cover and place the rolls into the refrigerator for four hours. Take them out 3 hours before cooking.***(I don't refrigerate)
- Place dough in a warm place to rise for one hour.
- Punch down dough.
- On a floured surface knead dough gently.
- Form into large balls and place in baking pan.
- Let rise for another hour.
- Bake at 425.
The Cookreginnia0221 Jacksonville, AR
The Rating5 people
Soft, fluffy, good rolls. Put a teaspoon of butter extract in and used butter flavored Crisco.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
Develops more flavor when risen in the fridge.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
OMG! These are AMAZING! These are by far the best yeast rolls i have ever made! They are restaurant quality, remind me of Golden Corral! Thanks for this recipe, i will be using it OFTEN!jlewis229 in loved it
Made these this afternoon. Very yummy. A sweet flavoured roll. Will be excellent alongside a bowl of soup. Made them in a 10 1/2" x 14" baking pan, and they came out like pull a'part rolls. My son gave them a big thumbs up. Good recipe! Mor...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!