Bread Dough SculptureFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
- 1 package yeast (or 2 Tablespoons loose yeast) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 7 cups flour shopping list
- food coloring (optional) Its hard to see the colors after baking, but give it a try! shopping list
How to make it
- Mix water and sugar, making sure that the sugar is dissolved.
- Add yeast to sugar water and let stand in a warm place for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and oil.
- Stir well.
- Add flour a little at a time until it forms a soft ball that is easy to work. If to sticky add more flour.
- Knead and shape into creative art. Like say pancakes, balls, snakes, dragons, baskets, get thinking here people....
- Remember that the more you play (knead) with bread dough the more gulten is formed and the better the bread will rise.
- I find this art great for when I am so mad I just need to punch something, because the more you punch bread dough the better the bread!!!!
- Now stick the parts together to complete the art work.
- Use water from your finger, it will bond the pieces together like glue.
- The peices will grow together as the rise.
- Let the dough rise for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 45 minutes depending on how large the art is.
- Once your art piece has been cooked and then cools overnight, have mom or dad help you coat it with clear coat.
- This will keep your art work forever young.
- Unless, of course, you intend to eat it, then just add family time!!!