Crockpot Chicken Casserole with Swiss CheeseFrom flavorsofitaly 7 years ago
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 12 fresh basil leaves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbl dried minced onions shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp celery seeds shopping list
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 3 oz swiss cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, toasted* shopping list
- 8 oz rotelle pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and mushrooms and saute, stirring, until he chicken is lightly browned, 5 - 8 minutes.
- Combine the chicken mixture, tomatoes, garlic, basil, onions, nutmeg, and hot sauce in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through, 6 -8 hours. Stir in the cheese and cook until melted, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rotelle pasta according to package directions. Drain well and divide among 6 plates. Top with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- *To toast bread crumbs, place them in a nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat, shaking the skillet frequently, until lightly browned, 5 - 10 minutes.
The Cookflavorsofitaly Memphis, TN
- Not added to any groups yet!