Chocolate Chip Key Lime PieFrom annieamie 9 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 4 ounces butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup of finely crushed ginger snap cookies shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup key lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 TB lime zest shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar shopping list
- Optional: 8 thinly sliced lime slices for decoration or extra whipped cream. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix the cookies with the butter, combining well. Press into the base and sides of a 9 inch fluted tart or pie tin.
- Place in the fridge to chill while preparing the filling.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients until thick and creamy. Spoon over the cookie base and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and let the chocolate set.
- Decorate the top of the pie with a few dollops of whipped cream and some extra zest for sprinkling over the whipped cream, if desired. And serve!
- *The picture comes from Nestles Foods.