Vegan Coconut Custard PieFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 1 ¼ cup spelt flour shopping list
- ½ cup quick oats shopping list
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon apple juice shopping list
- 1 12.3-oz package silken firm tofu shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup palm sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (clear preferable) shopping list
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, nectar, syrup and apple juice, using your fingers to reach a crumbly texture that sticks together somewhat when pressed.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a food processor, combine tofu, coconut milk, sugar and cornstarch, and puree until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and stir in coconut.
- Over medium heat, slowly bring mixture to a thick slow boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and coconut extracts.
- Let cool, stirring occasionally, for ten minutes.
- Cover pot to cool completely before pouring into pie shell. Refrigerate to set.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
This recipe I have made a few times and each time I am amazed that it is even better then those containing dairy.
High Five Jo Jo
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
Sweet Tooth448 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members