Chicken With Sausage CasseroleFrom lor 9 years ago
- One 3.5 lb chicken cut in pieces (legs, thighs, breast etc.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 large spanish onion. chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3-4 large garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs. Italian, Spanish or Portuguese sausage cut in 1-1/2" chunks shopping list
- Note: I prefer italian sausage shopping list
- 16 oz. can plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 1-2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cups long grain rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 bunch of Italian flat leafed parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a heavy Dutch oven.
- Carefully brown all of the well seasoned (salt and peppered) chicken pieces. Should take about 15 minutes.
- Add onion, peppers and garlic and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add rice and blend well with the vegetables and oil and cook for a few minutes.
- Add paprika and salt.
- Add wine and reduce for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock and bay leaves and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Cover with lid or tin foil and place in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley.