Cube Steaks ParmigianaFrom mrspotatohead 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely crushed saltines shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 4 beef cube steaks (1 pound) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and water.
- Place cracker crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and basil in a third bowl.
- Coat steaks with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Arrange steaks in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Combine the tomato sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and garlic powder; spoon over steaks. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Top each steak with mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and remaining oregano.
- Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!