Corn TortillasFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium-sized, mix together all of the dry ingredients, then cut in the shortening.
- Gradually mix in the water. Knead briefly, just until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces, weighing about 2 ounces each.
- Round them into balls, flatten slightly, and allow them to rest, covered, for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a heavy frying pan over medium heat.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time (keep the remaining dough balls covered), roll balls out until they're about 8 inches in diameter.
- Fry wraps in the ungreased pan for about 45 seconds on each side
- Stack wraps on top of one another as you fry them to keep them soft
- and pliable.
- Store, tightly wrapped, in a plastic bag at room temperature. For storing wraps longer than a couple of days, freeze them.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Whole Foods142 members