Bens Chocolate Ice CreamFrom debra47 6 years ago
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 4 x 2 finger-sized Kit Kats - chopped into squares shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
- Gradually whisk in milk and heat.
- Stir constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, little at a time.
- Continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Add the cream, vanilla, and salt and whisk to blend.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the cream mixture and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold about 1-3 hours depending on your refrigerator.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the chopped Kit Kats.
- On completion of the ice cream mixing cycle, transfer to the freezer following the manufacturers instructions.
- Makes one quart.
- We own an ice cream maker that has a smaller capacity and often cut these recipes in half.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating5 people
I do not have a ice cream maker. What should I do after I refrigerate it?wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
I am going to try this, The same as wokkingmum I do not have a ice cream maker so will let you know how it goes. CAN'T WAIT !! Yummy My daughter who is a chocoholic should love this. Thanks.vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it
I made this yesterday(without an ice cream maker)It really worked, absolutely delicious, no one believed that I made it. It is so creamy like you said.
I am going to try it again with chocolate chips instead of Kit kat or maybe cho...morevivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it