Creamy Chicken And Rice SoupFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken (breast with bone in works beast and a "little" skin) shopping list
- 1 cup onion (diced) shopping list
- 3 tbsps garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 cup carrots (diced) shopping list
- 1 cup celery (diced) shopping list
- 14 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt (kosher) shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper (fresh ground) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 14 oz Carolina Wild n long grain rice (seasoned) shopping list
- 14 3/4 ozs cream corn shopping list
- 2 cups frozen corn shopping list
- 4 tbsps butter shopping list
- 3 tbsps flour shopping list
- 1 cup cream (fat free half & half) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stock pot over high heat add 1 tbsp olive oil - season the chicken breasts with fresh pepper and sea salt, place into the pot and brown on all sides, approximately 10 minutes total.
- Add Onions, garlic, celery, carrots and bay leaves. Season.
- Add 14 cups water and lower heat to medium. Simmer for 2 hrs.
- Remove chicken breasts from soup, debone meat and chop into cubes and return to soup.
- Add 3 pkgs of the Carolina, can of cream corn, and corn. Slow cook for 30 minutes.
- In a small pot melt butter, add salt, pepper and flour, slowly laddle in soup from the soup stock - add cream and return to the soup pot. Cook for 10 minutes at medium high heat to bring to a boil. Stir frequently . Serve with a nice crusty bread!!! Enjoy
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating2 people
Girl does that ever look good, my husband love chicken and rice soup must make this one soon now that we're having some sort of winter here. Great Post.henrie in Savannah loved it