Old Fashioned Crumb CakeFrom sola 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 Cup butter,softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp.salt shopping list
- 1 egg,beaten shopping list
- 1 Cup sour milk,or buttermilk shopping list
- 1 Tsp.baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- To make sour milk,add 1 Tsp.white venegar to 1 cup milk.
- Blend flour,butter, cinnamon and sugar until mixture resembles cornmeal.Reserve 1 cup of the flour mixture for topping.
- Add nutmeg,salt,egg,milk and baking soda.Blend slowly.Pour into greased 9-inch square baking pan.Sprinkle reserved flour mixture on top.Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes,or until straw inserted in center comes out clean.
The Cooksola Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!