Broccoli and Onion CasseroleFrom nlo209 6 years ago
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli shopping list
- 2 cups onions or leeks, chunked shopping list
- 4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- dash of pepper shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces and cook in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain.
- Blanch onions or leeks 2 minutes in boiling water, drain.
- SAUCE: Melt butter over medium heat, add flour, salt, pepper and milk.
- whisk until smooth. Reduce heat and blend in cream cheese until smooth.
- Layer vegetables and sauce into a 2 quart casserole. Top with grated cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF for 35 minutes