Spiced Pumpkin PancakesFrom debra47 7 years ago
- l cup pureed pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup of milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 egg lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin with the sugar, spices, and salt.
- Add the milk, melted butter, and egg, and beat until well blended.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, and add to wet ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Technique is everything in making pancakes.
- Make sure that the griddle or frying pan is hot enough that a drop of water skitters across the surface - about 375F degrees - or you won't get a wonderful crispy crust and fluffy interior.
- If you have one, use an electric skillet as you can then set the temperature for 375F.
- Grease the cooking surface lightly with butter or vegetable oil just before cooking the pancakes.
- Spoon or pour about 3 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle and spread it out with the back of a spoon to reach 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Cook until bubbles appear and break on the top, about 3 minutes.
- Flip and then cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep pancakes warm in a 250F degree oven covered with a clean dish towel until they are ready to be served.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating4 people
Hi Debra - Pancakes seem to be my weakness - or one of them anyway and I try a new recipe each sunday. Looking forward to this one. = )sunny in Portland loved it
Thanks for the great recipe. I cut back the sug a little, but that's just me. They were delicious!swissjordanmom in Rochester loved it
very good! I used 1/3 cup brown rice syrup and a little less milk and used coconut oil instead of butter. my taste tester said they were like ginger snap cookies dunked in milk!kd1021 in loved it