Spiced Pumpkin PancakesFrom debra47 8 years ago
- l cup pureed pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup of milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 egg lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin with the sugar, spices, and salt.
- Add the milk, melted butter, and egg, and beat until well blended.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, and add to wet ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Technique is everything in making pancakes.
- Make sure that the griddle or frying pan is hot enough that a drop of water skitters across the surface - about 375F degrees - or you won't get a wonderful crispy crust and fluffy interior.
- If you have one, use an electric skillet as you can then set the temperature for 375F.
- Grease the cooking surface lightly with butter or vegetable oil just before cooking the pancakes.
- Spoon or pour about 3 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle and spread it out with the back of a spoon to reach 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Cook until bubbles appear and break on the top, about 3 minutes.
- Flip and then cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep pancakes warm in a 250F degree oven covered with a clean dish towel until they are ready to be served.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating4 people
Hi Debra - Pancakes seem to be my weakness - or one of them anyway and I try a new recipe each sunday. Looking forward to this one. = )sunny in Portland loved it
very good! I used 1/3 cup brown rice syrup and a little less milk and used coconut oil instead of butter. my taste tester said they were like ginger snap cookies dunked in milk!kd1021 in loved it
Thanks for the great recipe. I cut back the sug a little, but that's just me. They were delicious!swissjordanmom in Rochester loved it