Stuffed Cabbage Polish StyleFrom jackmuldoon 7 years ago
- 1 cabbage. shopping list
- 1lb.ground round. shopping list
- 1lb.ground pork. shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground veal. shopping list
- 1 onion diced. shopping list
- 2 Pkgs. Uncle Bens Minute Rice. shopping list
- 2 15 ounce cans tomato sauce. ( maybe 1 12 ounce can also). shopping list
- 2 cans Campbells tomato soup. shopping list
- 1 12 ounce can chicken stock. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Cover cabbage with water, season with salt, and a splash of olive oil.
- Cook until fork tender.
- Remove, pat dry and let cool.
- Cook meats, onion and chicken broth together until browned.
- Remove and spoon fat and drippings from mixture.
- Microwave rice per instructions.
- Mix rice and meats together at this time.
- Leave some fats for flavor.
- Seperate cabbage leaves, wrap and fold mixture into piggys.
- Line dutch oven with Piggy's and pour sauce of tomato sauce and tomato soup over top.
- Simmer at medium heat for about 3 1/2 hrs.
- Spoon off any excess fat drippings at this time.
- Serve with Mashed potatoes and spoon sauce from pot over top of potatoes.
The Cookjackmuldoon Redford, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!