Italian CalzoneFrom caramia 9 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- - 1 canister of refrigerated pizza dough or 1 ball of homemade basic pizza dough shopping list
- - 3 tablespoons flour - for rolling out dough shopping list
- - 1/2 cup pesto - purchased or homemade shopping list
- - 1 cup italian sausage - cooked and crumbled shopping list
- - 1/2 cup sweet red peppers - drained and chopped shopping list
- - 2 tablespoons basil - chopped chiffonade shopping list
- - 4 (1/2 inch slices) fresh mozzarella cheese shopping list
- - 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese - grated plus 2 tablespoons for garnish shopping list
- - 1 egg - beaten with two teaspoons of water for egg wash shopping list
- - 1 cup marinara sauce shopping list
- chopped red pepper for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Roll out to form a 12 inch circle. Layer sausage, sweet red peppers, basil and mozzarella cheese over pesto.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese.
- Fold the dough over the filling and pinch the edges to seal the calzone.
- Make 3 cuts across the top of the calzone approximately 1 inch long.
- Brush with an egg wash and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon marinara sauce in the center of the plate.
- Slice calzone in half or in strips and place over sauce.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and more chopped red pepper if desired.
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!