Key Lime PieFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup bottled key lime juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest shopping list
- 2 eggs separated shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter, graham cracker crumbs and almonds together and pat down into pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl combine milk, lime juice and 1 teaspoon zest then blend in egg yolks.
- Pour filling into crust.
- For meringue beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar and remaining teaspoon zest until mixture is stiff.
- Spread meringue over filling and spread to touch edge of crust all around.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!