Amish Apple DumplingsFrom crossfire 7 years ago
How to make it
- combinie 1st 4 ingredients for the syrup-mix cook 5 minutes remove from heat.
- cut shortening into flour and baking powder; add milk all at once, stir until flour is moistened.
- on floured surface roll into squares
- core, peel 6 apples.
- place an apple on top of the dough squares. sprinkle generously with additional sugar and cinnamon. dot with butter
- moisten edges of pastry
- bring corners to center and pinch edges together
- place 1 inch apart in ungreased 9 x 13 pan
- pour syrup over dumplings
- bake 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes
- to serve.....scoop some of the syrup and drizzle over warm apple dumpling