Almost Orgasmic Char-grilled chicken with Baconated Stilton and Tarragon cream sauce - pastaFrom steakmonster 7 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 onions shopping list
- 2 tea spoons soft brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbl spoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbl spoon unsalted butter shopping list
- ¼ cup Stilton cheese shopping list
- 6 slices of bacon, no fat, cut into small strips shopping list
- 10 sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed shopping list
- 10 leaves fresh chopped basil shopping list
- 400ml fresh double cream shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts in a dish with a splash of white wine (additional to the ½ bottle we are saving for the sauce) and a squirt of lemon juice
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan and add the onions and sugar. Stir on a high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and watch for around 20 minutes until onions are soft and brown.
- Raise heat and add bacon and garlic – stir for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the stilton and 8 sprigs of fresh tarragon while stirring, when the stilton has melted add the wine.
- Reduce on a medium heat, stirring periodically for 30 minutes.
- Add cream and the remainder of the tarragon and stir on a medium heat for 30 minutes, do not allow to boil.
- Grill chicken on an iron skillet if possible, if not pan fry until outside is browned.
- Add cooked chicken to the sauce and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of fresh ribbon pasta with the basil sprinkled on top.
The Cooksteakmonster Gloucester, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!