Frozen Pumpkin Mousse PieFrom rapunzel 8 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 30 small gingersnap cookies (about 7 ½ ounces) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree shopping list
- ½ cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 2 pints (4 cups) frozen low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened (see Tip) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare crust: Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until blended. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well. Add ice cream and stir until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Eating well Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie Tips:
- Cover and freeze the pie for up to 3 days. | Equipment: 9-inch deep-dish pie pan
- To soften ice cream quickly, microwave on Medium-Low for 30 to 60 seconds.
The Cookrapunzel Private, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!