Oven Baked ChickenFrom kitchenaglow 6 years ago
- 1 chicken (1.5 pounds/almost 3/4 kg), or your favorite chicken pieces shopping list
- 1/2 quart buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Sichuan peppercorns, ground shopping list
- 1 tablspoon cumin, lightly toasted then ground shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour buttermilk over them.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. f. (180 deg. c.).
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, or Sichuan pepper and cumin in a bowl; this is the dredging flour.
- Take chicken out of buttermilk and coat each piece in the dredging flour and put aside.
- Pour oil into a large heavy-bottomed pot (to avoid the splashing of oil over stove top) to a depth of one inch. Heat up to 360 deg. f. (185 deg. c.).
- In batches, place pieces of chicken in the oil and fry for about three minutes on each side.
- Place chicken on a metal baking rack set on a baking sheet, or place chicken on very lightly oiled aluminum lined baking sheet (but the chicken pieces will not turn out as crispy).
- When all the chicken is fried, bake for 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
The Cookkitchenaglow Long Beach, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!