Asparagus Au GratinFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 bunches hot freshly cooked asparagus spears shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Butter a casserole dish.
- In a saucepan melt the butter then add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- Meanwhile bring chicken stock and half and half to a boil and add all at once to butter flour mixture stirring vigorously with the whisk until sauce is thickened and smooth then add the cheddar, Parmesan, salt and pepper and stir until the cheeses melt.
- Alternate layers of sauce and asparagus in a buttered casserole ending with a layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and brown quickly under a preheated broiler or bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.