ICED SUGAR COOKIESFrom vindee 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- butter – ¾ cup (room temp) shopping list
- Castor Sugar- 1 cup (I grind sugar crystals in my coffee grinder) shopping list
- egg – 1 / beaten shopping list
- flour – 2 ½ cups shopping list
- salt – 1 pinch shopping list
- almond essence/extract – 1 tsp shopping list
- vanilla essence/extract – 1 tsp shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 190deg C. Keep 5-6 ungreased cookie sheets on hand.
- Beat the butter and sugar till fluffy and light.
- Add the salt + vanilla essence + almond essence and beat for 30 seconds.
- With a spatula mix in the beaten egg.
- Put in all the flour in one go, and gather together to make a firm dough.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes in wrap.
- Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and cut with assorted cookie cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 12-14 minutes, watching closely so that they don’t get too brown.
- Remove from oven; let the cookies lay on the sheet for a minute. Remove to racks to cool.
- This recipe makes approximately 8-9 dozen 1 ½” small cookies.
- Now the difficult part...for beginners, that is:
- Use about 1 cup of powdered sugar mixed with just enough water to make it thick & flowing.
- Colour according to requirement, and drizzle it on the cookies.
- I leave them to dry out overnight, and sometimes give them a minute in a hot oven to get rid of any moisture (depends on the weather actually). Practice makes this one better each time.
- I had so many pictures...hve uploaded them onto my foodpage
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating4 people
Mmmmmmmmmm... need I say more ;-) Gave it a "5"!!!lor in Toronto loved it
hey!!!! im a novice at baking!!wud love to start baking with a simple recipe like this one!!! thnx:)indian chef in ottawa, canada loved it