Tennessee Tater CakesFrom cdlsmith 7 years ago
How to make it
- Put about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Heat oil to medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl combine potatoes and enough flour to make a mildly sticky "dough".
- Add seasonings as desired...if your potatoes have already been seasoned with salt and pepper be careful about adding more!
- Form "dough" into 3 inch cakes
- Carefully place the tater cakes into the hot oil. (if it seems to be frying too fast turn the heat down)
- Fry until the side in the oil is golden brown. Carefully flip cake and fry the other side until it is golden brown.
- Drain on lots of paper towels
- These are wonderful with pinto beans
The Cookcdlsmith Clinton, TN
The Rating5 people
I always make extra mashed potatoes, so I can make these the next day. Sometimes I add a little chopped green onion and/or a little shredded cheese into the potatoes. Anyway you make them, they are always delicious. Thank you for such a great reci...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
oh Yeah love thise potatoe cakes.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great recipe, gets a 5. My Mama cooked these and they are soooo good. Thanks, Lucycardinal54 in Cuthbert loved it