Sausage And Sage Stuffed Lamb With Brandy SauceFrom inmaculada 9 years ago
- 2 lamb legs, about 2 pounds each, boned shopping list
- 12 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 1 pound fresh sausage shopping list
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup white dry wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup brandy shopping list
- 2 cups meat broth shopping list
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and pat dry legs. Chop sage leaves and rub inside and outside the legs. Stuff legs with sausage. Season meat with salt and pepper to taste. Tightly tie legs with cooking string. Place lamb into a fitting pan and add vinegar and dry wine. Cover tightly and let rest in the fridge for at least 4 hours, better if prepared the day before.
- When ready to cook, take lamb out of the marinating liquid and pat dry. Discard marinate.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown lamb.
- Arrange browned lamb on a baking pan and pour brandy and broth over meat. Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour. Uncover and bake for an additional ½ hour or until tender, adding more broth if lamb becomes too dry, basting frequently.
- When tender, take it from the oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- While meat is resting, heat 1 cup of the baking juices in a pan (adding water if necessary) and take it to a low boil, until sauce starts to thick and covers the back of a spoon. You can use a little cornstarch to thicken it. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve lamb with the sauce. Cheese baked potatoes and grilled eggplant goes great with lamb.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating2 people
This is a wonderful recipe. For a very special occassion. Thanks.merlin in San Francisco loved it
Wow! Lamb is my favorite and this is super And eggplant! that is my Easter menu! Thank you thank you!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
did you join our Friends in the Kitchen Group and Company's Coming?mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it